You have been transferred for work to Puerto Rico. You do have to find a place for you and your family to live, but you are not 100% sure about buying.
Why it makes more sense to buy and not to rent?
- You will be able to deduct all interest you pay on your mortgage in next year tax return. This could mean an approximate $3,000 in tax savings per year for a $80,000 annual income level. In case you are renting, you will not only be paying this $3,000 more in taxes (could mean $15,000 on a 5 year stay in the Island), but in addition, the one that will be deducting the interest on his mortgage is the landlord.
- With today´s low interest rates (you can obtain a fixed 30 year interest rate as low as 3.625% and a 2.875% on a 15 year on a Fannie Mae Conforming loan), you will be putting more money towards principal. This could mean paying an approximate $30,000 in principal over a 5 year stay in the Island when you get a 30 year mortgage, and an approximate $75,000 in principal over same time period when you get a 15 year mortgage. If you rent, you will sadly be paying your landlord´s principal.
-When the time comes for your transfer out of the Island, most probably your employer will give you a bonus at the moment you sell, whereas if you rent you don´t get such a bonus.
Please feel free to contact me at my office (787) 294-0574 or cel phone (787) 632-2404. Elliot Estebanez, Real Estate Broker from Inmobal Real Estate.
Sought-after community located minutes away from San Juan and Ft Buchanan. Located just one mile away from a beautiful beach. Community offers 24/7 security and recreational facilities such as swimming pool, tennis courts, a big covered basketball court, an air-conditioned clubhouse for activities, a walking trail and playgrounds for kids.
We have these excellent properties available for sale:
- A two story, model Elegante home with an approx. 2,418 sq ft of GLA and a 384 sq meters lot. It features 4 bedrooms including a master suite with walk-in closet and double vanity bath, 2.5 baths, separate formal living and dining rooms, an informal dining room area, an extended family room, a country-style kitchen with wood cabinets and a pantry, independent laundry room, a double carport with an added storage area, an L-Shaped salt water swimming pool with jacuzzi, a covered terrace and coralina flooring throughout the whole backyard that needs little to no maintenance. Property is located on a private dead-end street. Reduced from $319,500 to $303,000 with a $5,000 seller´s concession for closing costs! If you qualify, you can obtain an FHA, Fannie Mae Conforming or VA loan with a very low fixed interest rate.
- A two story, model San Juan home with an approx. 1,900 sq ft of GLA and a 372 sq meters lot. It features 4 bedrooms including a spacious master suite (no walk-in closet, but it has 3 normal closets), 2.5 baths, living and dining room, a remodeled kitchen with an Island and granite countertops, a dinette or informal dining area, an added family room, a swimming pool, a covered concrete terrace, a double carport with an added bonus room with windows which can be used as a storage or a home office. An extra driveway was added in the side patio which can accomodate an additional two cars. Property has high efficiency, energy saving appliances such as 6 Inverter a/c units, a gas stove and a gas clothes dryer. Asking $295,000.
- A two story, model Metropolitana home with an approx. 1,884 sq ft of GLA and a 384 sq meters lot. It features 4 bedrooms including a spacious master suite (with a walk-in-closet and a full bath), living and dining room, a remodeled kitchen with granite tops and a family room, a swimming pool and a jacuzzi, a concrete terrace, a full bath for the swimming pool and patio area, a double carport with an added bonus room which can also be used as home office or storage. Walking distance from the community park and recreational facilities. Asking $299,000 or best offer.
You can see photos of these excellent properties at www.inmobalpr.com. If you want more information, please feel free to contact Elliot Estebanez from Inmobal Real Estate at (787) 294-0574 office, (787) 632-2404 cel.
Reduced on 3/19/12 from $169,900 to $165,000, on 6/4/12 to $159,900 and on 9/2/12 to $154,900 or best offer! Playa Linda is a small condo complex in Ocean Drive Street, just steps to the Beach! Corner Garden apartment without any stairs! Partial ocean view from the balcony and living room. 2
bedrooms & 1 bath, kitchen with laundry area. Equipped and furnished. Hurricane wind resistant windows and doors. 1 Parking space right in front of apt. HOA maintenance fee is only $75 per month.
Reduced on 9/29/12 to $375,000 or best offer! Resort-style living in Dorado! Beachfront garden apartment in exclusive Costa Dorada complex! Direct ocean view, remodelled apartment with 2 bedrooms and 2 baths, 2 parking spaces. Fully equipped with appliances. Walking distance to the Embassy Suites Dorado del Mar hotel and the golf course! Gated, 24/7 security, community
features a swimming pool and other recreational facilities. Ideal for empty nesters or continentals looking for a vacation property!
Beautiful one story home in exclusive Sabanera neighborhood in Dorado. American style home with high ceilings and a spacious open floor plan, less than 7 years old. Villa Carbia model with over 2400 sq ft of GLA and a 752 sq meters lot. Spacious master suite with bathroom and walk-in closet, two
other bedrooms each with their own full bathroom. There’s a family or office area which may be converted into a 4th bedroom, if desired. Upgraded kitchen with granite tops and an Island, remodeled baths, stainless steel appliances, laundry room also equipped, 3 split a/c units (1 in each of the bedrooms) plus a central air conditioning unit for the main living areas. Security windows and
doors (hurrican wind resistant), concrete covered terrace, spacious backyard ideal for kids to play or even a pool, double carport with storage area, driveway for 3-4 cars, water tank, solar water heater. 24/7 Security, recreational facilities include a clubhouse, fully equipped gym, swimming pool, soccer field, basketball, tennis, a lake for kayaks and more! Price $475,000 or best offer.
Camino del Mar is a gated community close to Ft Buchanan and many federal government offices. House with two stories has over 2,200 sq ft of GLA, 4 bedrooms and 2.5 baths. Formal living and dining rooms, kitchen with Island, laundry room and a big Family Room (30´ x 13´). Double carport with storage space. Cozy backyard with uncovered terrace area. Lot size is the usual for the neighborhood: 384 sq.meters, aprox. Lots of federal agents and military personell live in this neighborhood. Community offers swimming pool, a big covered basketball court, tennis court, a big air conditioned salon for activities and playgrounds for kids. HOA maintenance fee is only $80 per month. Asking $289,900. For more information please go to www.inmobalpr.com. Thank you!